Is your former spouse not fulfilling their court-ordered obligations? If they aren’t, you do have recourse.

One common issue arises when they neglect to make child support payments as mandated by the court. Financial constraints may sometimes lead a non-custodial parent to fall behind in their child support payments. Alternatively, they may erroneously believe they are exempt from fulfilling these obligations.

Courts are adamant about upholding their orders to ensure children receive the necessary support for their well-being. If a non-custodial parent falls into arrears, typically exceeding thirty days, they may face consequences such as wage garnishment or being held in contempt of court. Additionally, the court may order them to pay attorney fees in such cases.

Did you know that it’s possible to have the employer of a non-custodial parent withhold wages for child support payments? This process involves obtaining an Income Deduction Order (IDO). With an IDO in place, the employer deducts wages and sends the funds to the Child Support Family Support Registry. Upon setting up an account, these funds become available for your use, essentially operating as a debit card.

If your former spouse is failing to meet their child support obligations, don’t hesitate to reach out to Dreyer Law for assistance. Contact us with your questions and concerns, and we’ll offer the guidance and support needed in this situation. Your child’s welfare is our priority, and we’re dedicated to helping you navigate the legal avenues available to ensure their financial support.